How we can help you with Trusts.
Trusts are an excellent way to protect the assets that you have accumulated for the benefit of your family and future generations.
We can advise you on whether or not a trust is suitable for you, the type of trust that should be used and the tax advantages of the trust.
There’s an endless number of reasons for creating a trust but here are a few:
- passing assets to the next generation in a tax-efficient way – reducing Inheritance Tax
- enabling a spouse or partner to benefit from assets but ensuring that they are ultimately passed on to children or grandchildren – controlling the ultimate destination of family assets
- saving care fees – protecting assets from mean-testing assessments
- protecting pension lump sums
- ring-fencing inheritance so that it’s kept in the family blood-line
- protecting agricultural and business assets
- ensuring that a vulnerable or young person’s inheritance is looked after for their benefit
- control over when, how much and in what circumstances a person should receive funds
Help for Trustees – you’re not alone.
People naturally feel honoured to have been chosen to act as Trustees but the level of responsibility and accountability is often a daunting task.
Trustees need to take advice on their role and responsibilities, the scope of their authority and how best to operate the trust.
We know that Trustees are often under pressure from the beneficiaries – you’ll sleep much better if the trust administration is in good order.
We’ll tailor our service to your requirements so whether you want us to advise you about a specific issue that you’re dealing with or take on the full trust administration we’ll be delighted to help.